Try before You Ride helps you become more familiar with Public transport. You can practice getting on and off an accessible taxi, bus or coach in a static situation. You will be able to chat to public transport experts who will be there to assist you. You can also explore the inside of vehicles so you can become more familiar with them.
- Transit Officers and Road Safety personnel will be hosting information sessions
- Encourage and enable people with or without a disability to make informed decisions about using public transport
- Increase the confidence of public transport users that their journey will be seamless and safe.
- Increasing peoples knowledge around the use of Journey planning tools i.e. ‘Apps’, customer service officers, purchasing tickets, using visual information services such as time tables and transport websites.
- Familiarity around using Taxi and Ride Share services i.e. ‘Apps’, taxi subsidy scheme, accessible parking and communication.
Darwin APM Community Capacity Building team and the Northern Territory Government welcome you to an upcoming ‘Accessible Transport” event
Date: 28th April 2020
Time: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Marrara Indoor Sports Stadium
Further details on the flyer